Having trouble moving on

Talk about relationships & everything else going on in your personal life.

Moderators: curlylocs, Hale.Kat.101, Francescab.xx, BronaghKhloè, _babezie_, karkat0219, pyneapples, Papavanilla

Zynxe

Having trouble moving on

Post by Zynxe » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:42 am

Hello, I'm Brylee. And I've been having some issues moving on from my ex. Now, I'm 15 years old but I started dating him when I was 12, he was 2-3 years older than me. We met sometime in June and our anniversary was June 25, 2014. Through the first year of the relationship, everything was fine. We started getting more serious, like being physical. Within the second year, things got abusive and controlling. I wasn't allowed to have friends or be anywhere without him. He began to call me inappropriate names and sexually abuse me. He made me do some sort of sexual act every-single-day, Up until March 2016 when I left him. He tried to commit suicide afterwards and stalked my house for a good month. I refused to take him back, then tried to date someone a week after leaving him, which I regret. I was doing fine with the breakup for about 2 months. then I snapped. Now every relationship I try to start, fails, because I can't move on. I miss him even though he treated me like shit. I've done everything I know how to do. Over the summer I began partying and fell with alcohol poisoning twice. He has a new girlfriend that everyone says he's happy with. But I just can't stand this pain I feel everyday. I want to move on and live my life. Can you help? I didn't know where else I could go.

fob!atthedisco

Re: Having trouble moving on

Post by fob!atthedisco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am

there's no rush for you to move on,it's understandable that you miss him,but if he abused you or made you do things you didn't want to do,especially considering that you are only 15 an he's older than you,that is completely wrong and nobody deserves to be treated that way,my most recent ex kept trying to guilt trip me into doing things i didn't want to do and wasn't ready for. as for him not letting you see your friends without him,that's also unacceptable. you will move on when you're ready,don't try to rush it,it's fine to miss him,as long as you know that he was wrong and you shouldn't be in a relationship with someone that treats you like that. pm if you want to talk about anything.
:lol: i'm not as think as you drunk i am ;)

Bellamytoecold

Post by Bellamytoecold » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm in the same exact situation. I left my ex who cheated on me every month come to find out of our one year and 2 Month relationship. He had sex with another girl (again) on our one year and two weeks before and I found out from her, I forgave him, which was very hard but I loved him and expected him to see that I truly did and expected him to open his eyes. Yet he continued to lie to me. Finally we ended things because I used "his emoji" and "copied him", after that I realized how immature he was and that he was never going to change. I am heartbroken that I put so much time and effort, and was loyal to a boy who didn't deserve it and he never actually cared about me and just mentally abused me and kept me away from the world and restricted me from doing anything even though he was the cheater, I got treated like the cheater. I followed all of his rules in hopes he'd just change, but he didn't. I know you're upset, and I know you may regret it but it is for the best. We both need to find someone who treats us right, and we are going to. You're 15 and I'm 16 and we are both very young and have much more life ahead of us. Time heals all wounds, just please don't cling to a mistake because you spent a lot of time making it.
~bella :D

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:10 pm

fob!atthedisco wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am
there's no rush for you to move on,it's understandable that you miss him,but if he abused you or made you do things you didn't want to do,especially considering that you are only 15 an he's older than you,that is completely wrong and nobody deserves to be treated that way,my most recent ex kept trying to guilt trip me into doing things i didn't want to do and wasn't ready for. as for him not letting you see your friends without him,that's also unacceptable. you will move on when you're ready,don't try to rush it,it's fine to miss him,as long as you know that he was wrong and you shouldn't be in a relationship with someone that treats you like that. pm if you want to talk about anything.
I totally agree
Hope it helped :D

fob!atthedisco

Post by fob!atthedisco » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:42 am

Hereforall wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:10 pm
fob!atthedisco wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am
I totally agree
I've been in a similar situation,the worst thing to do is force yourself to move on before you're ready
:lol: i'm not as think as you drunk i am ;)