Should I become a Vegetarian?

Talk about relationships & everything else going on in your personal life.

Moderators: curlylocs, Hale.Kat.101, Francescab.xx, BronaghKhloè, _babezie_, karkat0219, pyneapples, Papavanilla

Ash323

Should I become a Vegetarian?

Post by Ash323 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 am

So, I have been watching Onision for about 4 or 5 years of my life and I always looked up to his perspective of vegetarian lifestyle because I knew I wouldnt be able to pull that type of lifestyle off. But the older I get the more I realize that I can do things if i really put my mind to it, but my problem is if I should. Now I know that being a vegetarian is very beneficial for health and physical well being, but I live in a house that bases a lot of their meals around a meat based dish. We do eat healthy and do our best to keep ourselves in shape but I know I could be in a lot better shape than what I currently am. Im 6'2" and about maybe 235-245 pounds. In my opinion im not fat but im definitely not skinny. So, I was wondering what you guys might think. Should I brace the difficulties of being vegetarian within a meat eating environment, or, just stick with a healthy diet with meat still there.
I strive for Greatness

Cutthroat25

Re: Should I become a Vegetarian?

Post by Cutthroat25 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:02 am

Personally, I'd go vegetarian if I were you. If you can stay healthy while eating meat, then go for it, but losing a few pounds with vegetarianism would not hurt in the slightest.
"Your life's an open book. Don't close it 'fore it's done." - Metallica (from "Mama Said")

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Cutthroat25 wrote:Personally, I'd go vegetarian if I were you. If you can stay healthy while eating meat, then go for it, but losing a few pounds with vegetarianism would not hurt in the slightest.
Yes
Hope it helped :D

danydari

Post by danydari » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:39 am

I think you should! It's always nice to try new things! A new way of eating can't hurt much! You got nothing to lose!

GlandersonB00pr

Post by GlandersonB00pr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:41 am

Vegetarianism is obv your choice. Keep in mind though, that it tends to be more expensive and harder to keep a (balanced) diet. Also, if you stay vegetarian for too long, your body loses its tolerance for meat and it will be almost impossible to go back if you change your mind. My cousin and his gal get VERY sick after having even the smallest bit of meat or fish. So, you should make sure it's something you really want to do for the rest of your life before you go too long.

erroraesthetic

Post by erroraesthetic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 am

Ash323 wrote:So, I have been watching Onision for about 4 or 5 years of my life and I always looked up to his perspective of vegetarian lifestyle because I knew I wouldnt be able to pull that type of lifestyle off. But the older I get the more I realize that I can do things if i really put my mind to it, but my problem is if I should. Now I know that being a vegetarian is very beneficial for health and physical well being, but I live in a house that bases a lot of their meals around a meat based dish. We do eat healthy and do our best to keep ourselves in shape but I know I could be in a lot better shape than what I currently am. Im 6'2" and about maybe 235-245 pounds. In my opinion im not fat but im definitely not skinny. So, I was wondering what you guys might think. Should I brace the difficulties of being vegetarian within a meat eating environment, or, just stick with a healthy diet with meat still there.
Considering the high benefits I've found of once being vegetarian (I'm now vegan) I do think you should definitely give vegetarianism a go ! It's super easy and as long as you aren't eating the processed food made specifically for the vegetarian/vegan diet every day then you should see some major differences in your overall health. Instead of eating food like veggie burgers or veggie sausages everyday you could find and use online recipes that are simple to make and much healthier for you. Being in a house full of people who eat meat was also hard for me but if you let them understand why you're making the change and the impact that it could have then they might also consider the idea of changing their diet (my sister went vegetarian a few weeks after I went vegan). I hope this helped.

Chelseawhite

Post by Chelseawhite » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:49 am

Hell yes, I became vegetarian a year ago and my body loves me for it. I haven't seen significant weight loss and idk what that's about but I feel sooooo much better than I used to

daisyypx

Post by daisyypx » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:49 am

YESYESYES!!! Personally, I've been a vegetarian since birth so I suppose I'm kinda lucky in the fact that my whole family is already vegetarian but I can tell you from experience that being vegetarian is amazing. I've never been overweight and it's very easy to get all the nutrition you need as I never seem to get ill xD and it's not all about your body, you also aren't murdering any animals for essentially no reason :))) ;)

Plki

Post by Plki » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Yes.

DeadlySecret

Post by DeadlySecret » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 pm

No diet is healthy with meat and dairy in it. You should start with having 1 or more days where you eat no meat. Once you get in the grove, just remove meat completely. It's easy to do..... IF... you want to make the change. So ask yourself, do I want to make this change? Baby steps is better than no steps.

Ash323

Post by Ash323 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 pm

thank you all i really appreciate the advice ^_^
I strive for Greatness