Anyone else have depression and anxiety?

Talk about relationships & everything else going on in your personal life.

Moderators: curlylocs, Hale.Kat.101, Francescab.xx, BronaghKhloè, _babezie_, karkat0219, pyneapples, Papavanilla

Cutthroat25

Re: Anyone else have depression and anxiety?

Post by Cutthroat25 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:26 pm

I've fought through depression. My cat had just died, and it hit me much harder than anyone expected. Here's the long story:

Back in December of 2015, my cat (hereafter named Josie) had stopped eating for a few days. We also noticed that she stayed upstairs, probably because she made it too painful to go downstairs, since, you know, she kind of starved herself. Also something to note, I was 15-16 at the time (my birthday happened in the middle of this). My mother and I brought her to a vet to see what exactly was up. It turned out Josie had pancreatitis and jaundice. I believe there was also something up with the liver, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

We brought Josie to a pet hospital next so we could take the next step in maybe making her better. They had decided to try a feeding tube (since she would probably not eat and also it hurt to eat for her). December 9, and we visit her. She had a cone on (so she couldn't bite the tube), a cute Christmas scarf, the tube, and a bandage around a paw (reason: I don't know). A couple days after, we found out that we could bring her home, so we did. She managed to stay alive through my birthday and then some.

In comes the 22nd, and we had to bring her in for a checkup to see how it went. Next day, we had to put her down. It completely killed my other cat's mood, and it nearly brought me down with her. Fast forward to May 2016, and I had seemingly lost my mind. I was almost pretending to be her, meowing at everyone, pawing everything, and head butting everyone and everything. That went on til June. Beginning of June was when the depression really kicked in. I just didn't want to do anything. It even got to a point where I briefly thought about suicide. It was incredibly painful to let go of her. She had been a part of my life ever since I could remember. For me, letting her go was almost impossible. My friends at school instantly saw there was a problem. Luckily, we left school for summer break before my grades could take a huge hit.

The only thing that saved me from falling more and more was a new friend. Someone I'm still wonderful friends with today. Met her June 21. It was the best timing possible. Thanks to her, I'm still the energetic guy I used to be before Josie passed.
"Your life's an open book. Don't close it 'fore it's done." - Metallica (from "Mama Said")

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm so sorry
Last edited by Hereforall on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope it helped :D

tragician

Post by tragician » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Well I didn't have a great life from the beginning. My dad cheated on my mum and left us for a much younger woman (16 years old). That woman abused me physically and mentally up until I was 14 and I chose not to surround myself around my father anymore. From that abuse I was very depressed and had anxiety. I was 15 when my mum dragged myself to the hospital because I tried to kill myself the 7th time. A psychiatrist diagnosed me with PTSD, severe depression, and anxiety. After the mess finally kicked in and started to help my friend from middle school died 3 days after my 16th birthday. That's when I fell back into depression. Now I'm trying to get back on that path of getting better
- Tristan

corinin

Post by corinin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:31 am

I am not sure if this is depression and anxiety, but I feel really stressed about homework, school, friends, looks and the future. I feel I have no future, and that may be true. That I will live on the streets somewhere, failing at life and not accomplishing anything. I'm afraid of speaking up, and that's a huge problem. Playing competitive lacrosse, I am faced at playing good right then and there I am given. I blew it. I blew up life. I'm constantly giving up at trying my best. It showed in my prospect day performance, as a goalie, I can't slack or I give up my position. I love playing at times, by for some reason, this time felt like a bust. I couldn't handle the shots. I blamed the coaches for telling me I need to be tall, not short like me to save high shots. I've been playing for quite some time. Yet, I was never doing my best. I slacked and slacked, eventually it shows. I'm only 14, and I'm faced with constant pressure from college. Colleges now recruit from freshman year, and start looking at you during 6th grade to evaluate. Is this a world I want to live in?

minime112

Post by minime112 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Hey, this isn't a post about a sad story or anything, but I know what it's like to suffer from anxiety and depression. Please try to stay strong and always resist the urge from trying to commit suicide. After all, tomorrow could be the best day of your life and you wouldn't even be around to live it, trust me it will get better. Also if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to message me, I'm a good listener :)

PatriciaT

Post by PatriciaT » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:04 pm

In short, I've got social anxiety, depression for almost 2 years now, BDD (Body dysmorphia disorder) and OCD and I used to cut. After a year I stopped, Onision helped me ❤

Avoxlynn

Post by Avoxlynn » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm

the_second_16S wrote:I don't want to write you guys a book, so I'll keep it to the point.

I've had depression there times (when I was in 4-5th grade, 6th grade and 8th) because of severe bullying and verbal harassment. The reason why there's gaps between when I had it since because my psychiatrist thinks I'm fine for a while and then I fall back in. I've been suicidal multiple times (expecially the past few years) even though I'm undiagnosed at the moment. I used to be bullied at school, but after it stopped at school I was being bullied at home by my mother after my parents went through a long overdue divorce. She still verbally harasses me and occasionally chokes me and shoves me. I've wanted to go to the police multiple times, but she's a police officer (who are they going to believe?). She's cheated on my dad and done multiple other fucked up things, but I've started brushing everything off. I don't really care about anyone or anything anymore.

There's a lot more messed up factors to this story, but I was keeping it short. BTW I'm 16 and in 11th grade now.
Ok sweetie, you need to start collecting evidence. Check the recording laws in your state (if it is one-party consent or two-party consent) and, if legal, start doing audio recordings of interactions with your mom (I don't mean trying to goad her into saying something abusive, but if something abusive is said, it will be recorded). If she leaves marks on you, go to the police as soon as possible. It is their obligation to follow the evidence and not even police officers are immune to the law. If you feel that you are not safe, please take these suggestions into consideration. I would hate to have anyone stuck in this type of situation.
Don't give up <3

Avoxlynn

Post by Avoxlynn » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:26 pm

I've struggled with depression and bulimia since I was 8 years old (young, I know). I've been in and out of therapy, mental health institutions, rehabilitation facilities, and been on just about every medication you can think of. I'm now 22, have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder Type II (my manic episodes are rage episodes, so it took a very long time to diagnose), and Generalized Panic Disorder with elements of Agoraphobia, Claustrophobia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Social Anxiety. I've battled with addiction and my eating disorder for the greater part of my life. I'm finally on the right combination of medication and therapy that I'm starting to get back to normal! To those struggling: I know it sounds cliche, but I promise you, things will get better. Maybe not this week or even this year, but things will start looking up. Don't ever give up hope <3

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Hereforall wrote:Yes I do. I've never been diagnosed with anxiety because it not constant or that bad I need Meds for it. I've never been diagnosed with depression. They both are one of those things you know you have because it is in your daily life. I don't think I could tell you my story because I would relapse. I can't say what is wrong with me but if you want to PM me go ahead and maybe I could help you.
This was about 2 weeks ago but I'm going waaaaaaaay better now :D
Hope it helped :D

Ihatemylife

Post by Ihatemylife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm 14 years old and I have anxiety and depression. It all started when I lost my close friends and they turned to bully me because of this one girl. Nowadays, I feel worthless and I feel like if I dissapeared no one would give a crap about it. Yes I am suicidal, and only a few people know this about me. I used to self harm, but I moved on from it, because it stops the pain for a few minutes, however dying stops the pain forever.

loveinadequate

Post by loveinadequate » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 pm

no. not at all. you're the only one. i've never heard of it.

Ihatemylife

Post by Ihatemylife » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:38 pm

loveinadequate wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 pm
no. not at all. you're the only one. i've never heard of it.
Sarcasm ?

autumns909

Post by autumns909 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm a thirteen year old girl and was diagnosed BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), depression, separation anxiety, general anxiety and PTSD late last year. My parents are divorced and both of them have other kids.

My parents started realizing that I have severe anxiety when I was about 7. That was when I lost most of my friends and my mom moved to Oklahoma for about a year. I was somewhat bullied at my school and I had only one good friend, who ended up moving the next year. On top of the stuff going on school I had a drunk father, an annoying step mom and two annoying step sisters. And at my grandparents house, where I was at for most of the day after school, I had an alcoholic grandmother and a grandfather who molested me daily until I was 8.

When my mom moved back everything seemed fine again until I was about 10. I developed depression and I didn't know what to do with myself. I started to self harm. My brother started calling me fat, ugly, waste of space, ect. daily. He also constantly tells me to kill myself. My dad doesn't do anything about it. He says that he's just being a typical and annoying little brother.

But when my baby sister was born late last year, I decided to make a change. I didn't want her to be the girl with the sister who killed herself or the girl with sister who self harms. She was my inspiration and she still I to this day. She's why I at least try to smile. I decided to turn to music and YouTube instead of turning to self harm when I'm upset.

If any of you need someone to talk to and get some things off your chest, I'm here. And in case you don't know this, you are not a waste of space and you do matter. And this may sound cliché, but it does get better.
"Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light" - Madeline L'Engle

Meellivan7

Post by Meellivan7 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:22 am

I'm a 21yo Kiwi & I'm new here. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in 2014, right before starting University (College) but I've had anxiety since 2007 and depression since 2009. I believe they stem from my (undiagnosed) Endometriosis which causes a hormonal imbalance and is known to cause depression/anxiety in most sufferers. My anxiety is fairly moderate, but working in pet retail helped me through the social aspects of my anxiety. It's still not great, but it's definitely better than it was. I found my prescriptions to be more of a hindrance than anything else. Instead I take supplements to help with the hormonal imbalance and also practise Yoga which I find offers me some relief. My depression has been on and off over the last 8 years but my anxiety has been constant since 2007. In 2014 while on an antidepressant, I was at my lowest and attempted suicide. With the support of my gp and family I began seeing a psychologist. Things became better not long after this until early 2016 when a break up wore me down and for the first time I started cutting while at work. When a coworker saw what was happening I knew I had to change. I have since removed myself from any toxic environments and found new coping strategies with my psychologist, and learning to overcome them both.