Why Onision?

Talk about everything not covered on the board elsewhere.

Moderators: bre14, gold gloom

gold gloom

Re: Why Onision?

Post by gold gloom » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Just a tip: Your username may not encourage a civil atmosphere to some people viewing this topic and create a more negative, attack-like approach to this topic. Which of course, none of us want.

As for your question: Many people are drawn to controversy and drama. Many people find him to be attractive, and attractive people are often enjoyable to look at. Others enjoy the shortness and simplicity of his videos. And others enjoy merely the topics he discusses.

Those are just some things that I thought of off the bat; not saying these are the reasons I like him, though they certainly are reasons that others do.

bells1500

Post by bells1500 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:47 pm

I enjoy his videos for a lot of reasons. The largest is that on my worst days, the days when I'm ready to end it all, his videos are there and they help. They make me laugh or smile. They can take my mind off other things. Also, I appreciate his honesty. Yeah, he doesn't always say things in the nicest ways, but it's so nice to hear the honest to god truth. And if he wasn't honest about everything, how could we trust what he's saying. He's helped me a lot with accepting who I am. I'm still working on it but I'm so much better than I used to be. He inspires and motivates me. He makes me want to be a better person. Since watching him, I've become more honest and generally happier. I've been depressed for 6 years, but he has improved my mental state and the way I view myself so much. He's someone I look up to a lot and he's the reason I'm still here. And I know it kinda sounds like hero worship but it's not. I'm not gonna lie, there are times where I don't agree with him or think he crosses a line. But in my eyes, he does so much good and he's human, so why should I be upset if he crosses the line every once in a while. I just know that he makes my life a tiny bit better and that little bit of brightness he's brought into my life is enough to make me hold on a little while longer.
Last edited by bells1500 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intoxication

Post by intoxication » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:57 pm

I find his brutal honesty rather refreshing; most people will deceive in order to keep the water calm..
Moderator of the 'Submit Ideas' section.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wE-wGrGQo this is why I have an undying respect for Greg.

sheilamotko

Post by sheilamotko » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:25 pm

I enjoy his videos, he does help many of the young people. I have been watching for 2 years now. I hope he continues to make videos the way he wants to. I don't see any mistakes . And as for haters..I ignore them . I appreciate his work . :D
"I'm gonna need a shovel and someone who can keep quit
This is who we are this is what we've become..this is who we are this is what we've done!!

Lankybeans

Post by Lankybeans » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:25 am

I ask the same question too. I personally am not to fond of him. I saw him on tosh.0 and I was like.....meh. I used to watch of his uhohbro videos since his videos were on my suggests page, 2 years ago(before it became the I betrayed my wife trilogy/the boring gaming videos with teenage girls). I never knew he had a main channel, or the speaks channel. I never thought he would be this influential to so many teenagers(13-17). I never took anything he said seriously, Since what he was saying seemed like nonsense to me. I stopped watching him because it just seemed repetitive. He just seems like an uneducated man who just rambles about things on youtube. But hey that's my opinion. I won't disrespect anyone who likes him, since that is your opinion. :)

CielScully

Post by CielScully » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:58 am

oh because he's a 10/10 banana. like, when you get a banana that just lost the last bit of green and it's in its prime. That's Onision.
"Hey, Scully, is this display of boyish agility turning you on at all?"-Fox Mulder

danydari

Post by danydari » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:33 pm

I love him to death too! He is so funny and cute and he has got the cutest smile! He has spoken out about issues the way we need to hear it.

Luna_

Post by Luna_ » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Honestly I really enjoy Onision's videos, I love the honesty he brings to his videos and not a lot of people can handle the truth but he still says it as it is. I grew up with a family that was always burtally honest with each other so I learned to always appreciate honesty. I can also appreciate his sense of humor which I feel like a lot of viewers don't. But the number one thing I really admire about onision is even though he may have a bunch of haters, it doesn't stop him from being himself or stop him from continuing his channels. So thank you onision for being a great entertainer and keep doing you!

Ps. He also help me a lot with the whole body image thing, so thank you for that too Greg :)