LGBT+ GROUP OF SUPPORT

Talk about everything not covered on the board elsewhere.

Moderators: bre14, gold gloom

lhers0216

Re: LGBT+ GROUP OF SUPPORT

Post by lhers0216 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:06 am

sugarprozac wrote:my name is lina (she/her). i dont know when exactly i discovered myself, because i dont know if im gay or bisexual. the guys i like are usually androgynous and unattainable (celebrities). im sticking with "bisexual" now. i dont really care. i came out to my parents but they didnt really care. i think my mom thinks its a phase; she teases me a lot about liking girls. the only struggles i have relating to my orientation are if im gay or bi. people ask me which one and i dont know what to say. i guess ill figure it out.
My nick name is Lina actually ^-^
I know how you feel. I try to not put labels on myself and just go with the flow. Since I change from gay to bi to straight so much, I haven't come out to anyone, and to me, it doesn't really matter if they know anyway. My friends are strict Christians (one friend being a religious Catholic) and they would probably accept me yet get weirded out and refrain from contacting me. My parents won't care, but either way, it's important not to force labels on yourself. You have your whole life to figure it out. And with my gender, I have no idea, as it seems to change a lot too. I am yet to do research on the different genders and maybe get a hint.
I just try to remember that figuring it out is mostly for my own sake rather than others.

sugarprozac

Post by sugarprozac » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:57 pm

that made my day tysm
everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
John Lennon

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:22 pm

:D
Hope it helped :D

RozaraTribe

Post by RozaraTribe » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:02 am

Name: Dylan
Pronouns: He/him
When you discovered yourself: I figured out I was bi like 3 years ago and recently discovered I am ftm transgender
Who are you out to: I'm out as bi to pretty much everyone except my family as they're quite religious and not very supportive and I'm only out as trans to my best friend and boyfriend who is also ftm
Any struggles relating to your gender/sexuality: My family shaming me because they think I'm gay and telling me I "look like a lesbian" and I'm afraid to come out to my friends as trans because I'm pretty sure they think it's not a real thing