LGBT+ GROUP OF SUPPORT

Talk about everything not covered on the board elsewhere.

Moderators: bre14, gold gloom

CubIsFree

LGBT+ GROUP OF SUPPORT

Post by CubIsFree » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:25 pm

Just a cool place to meet other lgbt+ people!

Tell the following:
Name:
Pronouns:
When you discovered yourself:
Who are you out to:
Any struggles relating to your gender/sexuality:

My name is Mazz, He/him they/them. ive known for about three years. My mom, my best friends, my therapist and doctor. Ive legit been yelled at in public for looking androgynous.
~Copy and paste, copy, caught me, better rhymes bother me~

DemiGospodinova

Re: LGBT+ GROUP OF SUPPORT

Post by DemiGospodinova » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Hello! My name is Demitra Gospodinova. I prefer she/her. I'm bisexual. I'm out to my boyfriend, my friends and my classmates. I live in a conservative country where you cannot marry someone unless you show a certificate that you are both from the opposite sex and gender. So it's hard for a bisexual woman to be out in public because you get shamed a lot. Here people don't even know about gender identities...

HeyThere

Post by HeyThere » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Hey, I'm Mar, (Originally Margaret) I prefer they/them. I'm bisexual and agender, but I've only told my best friend about being bi. I've known I was bi for about a year, and agender for about six months. I'm not out as agender to anyone yet so people always call me she/her and I tried telling my mom I was bi and she told me it was teenage hormones. But yeah, hi:) :D

Lillielover319

Post by Lillielover319 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:45 pm

I am Lilliana (she/her) I have been out as bisexual for almost 2 years. I came out to EVERYONE by post I was in a relationship with another girl on Facebook. My whole family was cool with it, for the most part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Danii

Post by Danii » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:08 am

Name: Daniela (but call me Danii)
Pronouns: she/ her
When you discovered yourself: I've know since i was 13
Who are you out to: EVERYONE!!!
Any struggles relating to your gender/sexuality: only in the beginning. My family thought i was just doing it for attention but later on they believed me and now everything seems fine :)
~Danii~

IdkBro

Post by IdkBro » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:09 am

I'm a girl so (she/her) and I am Bi, known for about a year. My ex knew and a couple friends as well as my mum (kind of - not sure). And I have no struggles, just looking forward to the future and dating girls (I've only been with a boy). So yay, fun. Everyone is beautiful!
How you look doesn't change who you are, who you are changes how you look.

bells1500

Post by bells1500 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Hey y'all, I'm Austin (I finally picked my name!). I'm demisexual and agender so they/them pronouns. I've known I wasn't straight since like 7th grade, but it took me a long time and a lot of research to figure out I was demi. Gender is something I only started thinking about more recently but I've always kinda felt something wasn't exactly right (I repressed a lot bc it's hard enough being non-hetero in my family, let alone not cis). I'm out to some friends as demi and my therapist and my best friend knows that I'm agender. And as for struggles bc of being part of the LGBT+ community, I have a lot. I'm an agnostic but bc my family doesn't know that, I'm attending a private Christian school in the south. So I could be expelled if the wrong people found out about my sexuality. My family is not accepting at all. My mom says there's only straight or gay, so she would not accept my sexuality if I told her and I don't even wanna think about telling her I'm not cis. My dad is a "holier-than-thou" type "Christian" who hates what he calls the "gay agenda" so he certainly would not be accepting. And just living in the south and being anything but straight and cis is not a great situation tbh.
Last edited by bells1500 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[not important]

Post by [not important] » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:08 am

Name: Julie
pronouns: she/her
when I found out: February/sometime early this year
Who I'm out to: close friends/ the internet (mean here and wattpad)
Any struggles: as far as I have come no but probably later when mu dad find out cause he's the kind of Christian who is like, if you say anything that goes agents the Bible I will give.you a 20 minute lecture of how you wrong. Kind of dude. So there that and I'm also an agnostic atheist so there that but as far as I know those are the only things I have to worry about for I'm not questioning my gender so yeah that's me.
stars cant shine without darkness

CubIsFree

Post by CubIsFree » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Bells!

sorry about your struggles, i can relate. its really weird though bc my family is from the south but totally cool with gay marriage, but interracial marriage is a huge deal? which is awkward bc the boy im going to marry is full on Jamaican and im italian xD

If you ever need someone to talk to just pm me, okay? Its why we're here!

Stay strong bud,
~Mazz
~Copy and paste, copy, caught me, better rhymes bother me~

RB1018

Post by RB1018 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:05 pm

I'm so glad that this is a topic! Hi! My name is Sasha. My pronouns are they/them. I had finally discovered every part of myself earlier this year. I knew about my sexuality for quite some time, but my gender identity was a lot harder. I am an agendered pansexual! I am out to my friends and my family, (my friends accept me and so does my mother and brother, but not everybody I have told). Any struggles? Let me think, YES! Growing up in a primarily christian family is rough. My dad believes I have to be a straight girl, as I am biologically a female. Some of my family believes I'll even go to hell for what I am! I am not christian like the majority of my family, but I was raised to be a christian. I grew up in a world of stereotypes and I still live in it! Dresses are not just for boys! What also sucks is that I'm still called a girl by a lot of the people I have come out to. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm being a b****. Some people, though, are just really annoying.
Times may be rough, but everyone needs something to fight for, and that's why you're here.

DankEmo25

Post by DankEmo25 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Don't want to say my name. I'm a pansexual girl that goes by she and her. My friends know about this but my homophobic family doesn't because I am scared to tell them. I'm 13 and discovered this part of myself earlier this year.
No matter how it may seem, there will always be at least one person in life that will understand and love you for who you are. So hang in there.

Oliver_oyster

Post by Oliver_oyster » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 am

My name is Oliver (he/him) and I've known pretty much my whole life that I felt like a boy rather than a girl. I struggle very much with getting my parents to use the right pronouns, apart from them, everyone is very supportive, and I'm thankful for that :)

ThatOneGay

Post by ThatOneGay » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:52 pm

My name is Heather >~<

I guess I go by he/him or she/her at only specific times.. But right now I go by he/him. I.. believe I'm attracted to females?

I believe I haven't actually discovered myself so I can't give out a date for it but I can say I thought I was bisexual one year ago and believed I was a lesbian this year in September. I also thought I was bigender about one month ago.

I was out to as bisexual to my mother, friends at school and my close friends online then lesbian to the same people but then it spread like a wild fire at my school now everyone in my school knows. But I regret it a large amount since at the moment I'm confused and I can't tell if it's temporary or not.

I struggle with figuring everything out, I made a post previously in `Introduce Yourself` and `Personal Life` but have not recieved any feedback >.< I struggle also with figuring out, once I figure out my gender, how everyone will react if I change it and the rest of my family's reaction. I live on an island, a extremely religious island. I went to a therapist on the main island and she talked about how a parent sent her son to a therapist when she caught him `getting it off`, I'm sure someone understands this term? So if this, something seen as a sin by Catholic people, is bad enough for a parent to send their child to a therapist.. It would probably be pretty bad if I came out as anything other than cis and straight to the rest of my family ( Not my mother but maybe she'd flip from anything other than cis? ) especially since my father has even said a man died because he was gay so therefore he had aids. I also believe I had BDD, I'm also on antidepressants but I fear going to a therapist again.
Oh Darling,

You can't fix yourself by breaking someone else

sugarprozac

Post by sugarprozac » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:21 pm

my name is lina (she/her). i dont know when exactly i discovered myself, because i dont know if im gay or bisexual. the guys i like are usually androgynous and unattainable (celebrities). im sticking with "bisexual" now. i dont really care. i came out to my parents but they didnt really care. i think my mom thinks its a phase; she teases me a lot about liking girls. the only struggles i have relating to my orientation are if im gay or bi. people ask me which one and i dont know what to say. i guess ill figure it out.
everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
John Lennon

Hereforall

Post by Hereforall » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Name: birth name Julia what I want to be called Sky
Pronouns: they/them
When you discovered yourself: in fifth grade, but there were always signs
Who are you out to: my mom and friends. I can't tell my grandmas ( both my grandpas are dead) they wouldn't understand. Just like 1/3 of the world.
Any struggles relating to your gender/sexuality: So many people think I made it up.
I am demisexual and demiromantic ( yes I am both. It is a thing ). I am Womasexual ( attracted to females, trans women, any one non-binary born as female.) and genderfuild ( I'm done explaining just go to Wikipedia )
Hope it helped :D